- Treat staff, practitioners, visitors, and patients with dignity and respect.
- Interview patients to include medical history, measure vital signs, performs vision screening, etc. and record information in EHR.
- Share information gathered from patients with appropriate team members to assist in more comprehensive care of the patient.
- Assist practitioners in performing examinations as needed.
- Administer medications per practitioners orders.
- Administer injections or immunizations per practitioners orders.
- Sterilize medical equipment and maintain it in good working order.
- Collect specimens for laboratory and perform routine in-house laboratory work.
- Prepare specimens for outside laboratory studies.
- Perform simple wound care.
- Maintain adequate supplies in exam rooms and ensure exam rooms are clean.
- Follow clinic guidelines and protocols and participate in making new ones.
- Prepare and perform paperwork and clerical duties as necessary including answering phones, computer entry, etc.
- Perform routine diagnostic tests (EKG, etc.) and/or schedules patients for outside diagnostic studies and consultations.
- Participate in community health and disease prevention activities.
- Participate in the corporation's Quality Improvement Program.
- Participate in daily Team Huddles with staff members as required or requested.
- Participate in staff development programs and promote team cohesiveness.
- Manages personal and staff clinical inboxes.
- Participate in the daily huddle
- Ensure timely response to appointment messages and requests via the phone and portal
- Educate patients regarding PCMH and how the care team can help patients
- Participate as a member of a patient’s care team – within Team Work
- Ensure patients receive a copy of his/her visit summary
- Ensure patients leave with an appointment and face no barriers regarding transportation
- Ensure patients have an identified primary care provider
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""