- Bus Driver/Monitor/Substitute (2021-2022 School Year)JobID: 393
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
NOTE: ALL VACANCY POSTINGS ARE PENDING UNTIL BOARD APPROVED.
1. High School Diploma preferred.
2. Valid Georgia Class "B" CDL with passenger endorsement, air brake endorsement, "S" endorsement, and verification of an acceptable seven (7) years driving record through the Department of Motor Vehicles.
3. Must successfully complete all required bus driver training.
4. Must meet all other qualifications as stated by state and local board policy.
5. Must possess excellent communication skills.
6. Medium Work: Lifting or otherwise moving up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force as needed to move objects. Must pass the Georgia Department of Education physical.
7. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Reports To: Transportation Director and Transportation Coordinator
Job Goal: To provide safe and efficient transportation so that students may enjoy the fullest possible advantage from the district's curriculum and extracurricular programs.
1. Maintains current knowledge of all local and state traffic laws as related to school bus transportation.
2. Obeys all local and state traffic laws as related to school bus transportation.
3. Maintains current driver's license.
4. Maintains acceptable Motor Vehicle Record.
5. Must pass a Department of Education physical by a licensed physician of medicine no more than sixty (60) days prior to the beginning of the student school year.
6. Follows scheduled bus transportation route.
7. Ensures students arrive at school and at their home bus stop on a scheduled time.
8. Maintains knowledge of emergency procedures and implements them if these situations occur.
9. Reads all literature on school bus safety distributed by the Department of Transportation.
10. Develops and submits all required transportation reports, such as, number of students transported, mileage, number of stops, school bus accidents, student injuries and others when requested.
11. Assists other school bus drivers when help is needed.
12. Monitors the school bus radio in order to be informed of emergency situations.
13. Secures appropriate emergency assistance if/or when the school bus should become disabled.
14. Reports any potential school bus mechanical problems that may develop while bus is in operation.
15. Maintains flexibility when asked to drive a difference or additional route.
16. Maintains knowledge of different bus routes.
17. Observes other school buses while driving the route to check for potential safety problems.
18. Attends scheduled meetings and training classes.
19. Performs inspection of the assigned bus before and after transporting students to and from school and on special activities.
20. Reports all mechanical problems to bus maintenance.
21. Maintains adequate fuel in the assigned bus.
22. Inspects interior of bus after each trip for lost articles, vandalism, and sleeping students.
23. Monitors proper loading and unloading of students.
24. Communicates student rules of conduct.
25. Enforces student discipline procedures.
26. Assigns all student seating.
27. Recognizes all regular student bus passengers.
28. Make proper arrangements for students with special needs.
29. Conducts two emergency evacuation drills each year.
30. Keeps assigned bus clean, including sweeping and washing of the bus.
31. Performs other tasks as assigned consistent with the goals and objectives of this position.
Terms of Employment: Nine month year, part-time employee. Salary to be established by the Board of Education.
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Support Services Personnel.
- Position Type: